Underwater Princess Tutu Costume/ Contest






I am so excited! I've been getting ready to enter the Etsy Halloween costume contest and I finished the costume today. I'm not sure how I came to my final design but my girls definitely had major input. Anna's titled it "Under Water Princess". I pulled out all of my tulle colors in blues and greeens that don't sell well on their own and found this wonderfully rustic green cotton for the waist. There are over eight layers of tulle that have been individually cut with shears so they look like flowing seaweed swirling in water. I also hand sewed on these beautiful strings of greenish beads to drape down like coral/ seaweed too. I really think it pulled well together. I capped the tutu off with a starfish wand and a beaded green 'seaweed' crown.

I hope I get some nice feedback from the contest. It is the first time I've used this style of waistband and was really pleased on how good it looks and fits.





These days I've been sewing like a nut trying to get all of my Halloween tutus finished so I can begin to focus on the Holiday Boutiques that start next week. I feel like I've been spending more on materials than I've been making lately, but hopefully the payback will be worth it. (I could NOT get my hair done, but this girl has limits!) The good news is that my Etsy sales seem to be solid and steady. Thank you!

Until next time!...



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment