I Love My Eye Candy

Sometimes, creatively, I get in a rut. To compensate for those gray days, I have a rather large collection of cut, torn, taped and stapled loose sheets ripped from various books, magazines, internet sites and newspapers. It's not pretty and according to my husband is a bit of an eye sore.

I think it is beautiful. It's inspiration in all sorts of words and shapes and colors. It is filled with pictures of various crafts I'd like to tackle, decorated rooms to copy, furniture whose shape turns me on, exotic locations I'd like to visit. The first hundred pages or so, were neatly placed in a series of blank-page books. The next five hundred or so and jumbled into a somewhat hunter-orange plastic folder that gets my heart beating when I find it under my yards of stacked fabric.
Why am I bringing this collection of "eye candy" up? Well, taking a quick break from tutus and crowns and wands, I found a number of ripped out pages that talk about making things from recycled products. It reminded me that last year, in a creative spending spree, I hit a number of local thrift stores and bought all of the 100% wool sweaters I could find. I washed them at home in my sewing machine on extra hot, twice. Then I dried them to a crisp in my dryer. Ta-da! Instant wool felt.




Remembering my stash, I pulled them out today and whipped up a pair of nifty, warm and darling wool mittens for my littlest imp. She loved them and I think the woolen red pom-poms really added a cute dimension.




Comments