My White Elephant and the Sugar Coated Pumpkin

Greg, the girls and I had a heavenly weekend indoors, watching the world swirl by. We were lucky to be on the inside looking out at the first snowfall/ storm of the season. It gave us the okay to be just a little lazy and play lots of games and watch movies. I even took a break from my sewing machine!

My exception to the weekend indoors, was venturing out to a friend's house on Friday for our traditional once-a-month evening of BUNCO! The evening was beautifully hosted by two group members that put on a Bunco soiree to celebrate the upcoming Christmas season, capped off with a White Elephant gift exchange. Look what I ended up with...



However this "exquisite" piece of art wasn't supposed to come home with me. After a fun filled evening tossing the dice, I pleasantly said my goodnight and thanks and artfully scooted out the door, pretending I had my newly acquire gift in tow. (Secretly I had stashed the glass swan in the hostess's Christmas decor on her coffee table). Wiping my hands clean of the item, I went home giggling of my fortune to be rid of the offending item.

This is what I awoke to the next morning.....



Not only did the swan return to my home in its full glory (loaded with old Halloween candy), but Santa paid a visit to my home, in addition to a number of various Holiday decor swindled off of a friends porch.

I am currently trying to come up with some sort of retribution.

On another neat note, I took this picture Sunday morning after the storm had passed. This pumpkin looks like it's been dipped in egg wash and super fine sugar. Isn't that beautiful.



It looks good enough to eat!


Comments