Adventures in Minneapolis, Part 2

I can't get over how much Minneapolis (and the western suburbs) have changed in the eight years since we've moved. Every time we go home, something new is being built or updated or remodeled. I always come away feeling re-energized and full of the promise of possibilities.

We've been really lucky to watch the river-front grow too. My in-laws now live in the revamped mill district near the new Guthrie (We saw Little House on the Prairie last week - fabulous!). Every morning we're there, Norman (our Bichon) and I go for long walks on the Stone Arch Bridge, watch the locks go up and down, stroll along St. Anthony Main... my little slice of heaven.


BUT my favorite thing to do now is hop over to the Mill City Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. I couldn't help but take some pictures of all the colors and produce. It was a feast for my eyes.


I shouldn't admit this, but last weekend I ate:

-organic mini donuts
-dim sum

-the most delicious BLT in the world

-Mo mo's - a type of dumpling

-fresh strawberry lemonade

-more mini donuts

-carrots that were bright red on the outside and vibrant orange on the inside

-pie samples from the pie contest (did I mention the pie contest? Chef's from around the city and local growers and farmers make home made pies from local produce and created pies to beat the band)
It's official. I think I'm now a foodie.

Comments