It's Not 'Home-made", it's "Mom-made"

To top off this glorious Wisconsin September Sunday, my family and I picked our peach trees. We haven't sprayed them for the last few years, opting instead, to let Mother Nature tend to the fruit, and did it ever pay off this year! We picked an entire bucket of clean, insect free peaches. They are so fragrant it's almost heady. (I wonder if all the colder weather and rain helped them out)


So what does one do with a bucket full of peaches? Well some go to the neighbors, some go to the office and some go into my favorite and ridiculously simple fresh peach pie.

We were craving it so much, I made the peach pie this afternoon. We didn't even let it cool all the way (still needed to firm up a bit), but eating warm is simply the best.
My youngest declared it was so good, "It's not just homemade, it's mom-made"!
Can't think of a better compliment. Needless to say the pie is almost gone and it came out of the oven an hour ago.

Here's my recipe:
Easy Fresh Peach Pie

9-inch unbaked crust (I like deep-dish)
1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
6 medium-size fresh peaches, skinned and quartered
1 1/2 T of flour
1 1/2 T of corn starch
2 T of butter
Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and corn starch. Sprinkle half of mixture over unbaked pie shell. Arrange peaches over mixture and sprinkle peaches with remaining dry mixture. Dot with butter. Bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour or until juice thickens and crust is light brown.

Comments