Peach Crumble...and it does it well!

I know I am on this peach kick right now, but to have fresh peaches off your trees in the back yard is really something special. After our brief encounter with our Peach Pie (the finished product lasted in my kitchen for only two hours), I thought I take a different route...

Hence, Peach Crumble:

3 1/2 c. sliced peaches

2/3 c. sugar

2 tbsp. flour

1 c. flour

1 c. sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 egg, slightly beaten

1/3 c. melted butter

Arrange peaches in the bottom of baking dish. Combine 2/3 cups sugar with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle over fruit. Then combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and egg. Combine ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over fruit. Then pour over melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes, until golden brown.



Serve it warm or room temperature... to indulge add really good quality vanilla ice cream with the bits of Vanilla beans.

Personally, the recipe seemed like it add a lot of sugar, so I omitted about 1/4 cup with no repercussions. The peaches are so juicy and full of their natural sweetness. Now, what to do with my last dozen?!

Comments