India Trip: Diary of Color and Smell, Part 1

I'm finding that after landing even 2 months ago from this trip, I still can't get around to re-write all of my journal entries - instead, I'm going to post highlights from our trip. Colorful images and so many memories... now, if only I could make this a smell-a-vision computer.









The "top smells" list from our trip...
Greg and I never kid when we talk about the smells from this trip that still occasionally linger. They are in no particular order:
  • urine (sound gross, and is, but most of the men and all of the animals pee in or near the street. It is impossible to miss.)
  • spices (stalls everywhere with intoxicating aromas of complex mixtures of spices)
  • food (the best food on earth!)
  • sweat (humans in masses, toiling in every day existence)
  • manure (where the animals live, the animals must go...)
  • pollution (don't need to elaborate)
  • coal and wood smoke (for heating, cooking, factories)
  • incense (floating from the temples)



Comments