Obsessed With Brussel Sprouts


I have found myself with a curious obsession... brussel sprouts.


I'm usually not one that boasts about un-womanly consumption, but last night my recipe of roasted brussel sprouts was so good, I ate a pound of these baby cabbages by myself.

If you find yourself daring to try a plate of delictable sprouts, here's my fail proof recipe:
brussel sprouts, washed and halved
tablespoon of olive oil
coarse sea salt
pepper
splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the brussel sprouts in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you like a little tang, splash with a little balsamic vinegar. Toss well to coat. Place in 13 x 9 baking pan and stir well every 5 minutes. They should be done in 20 to 25 minutes. The brussel sprouts will turn a gorgeous green and some loose leaves may even blacken. Dont' panic! Due to the high sugar content in the sprouts, you'll get a lovely flavor from the camelization!

I dare you to have just one!

Comments