Indian Influences

Hard to believe that it's almost been a year since we landed in Delhi. Funny to think of all we've done this year.

As we've started to grow roots in our new home, I'm finding I've sprouted an affinity towards all things Indian. I drool at the thought of the mixture of bright colors spun with gold threads and lots of gorgeous, silky fabrics, big comfy pillows and gauzy trims. I'm trying to gather a bunch of eye candy to inspire my home decorating. We'll see how my ideas translate to our rooms!
We've basically got a blank slate for our home. Our Master bedroom is very butter yellow right now and is making me a little sick to my stomach. I would really like to put an Asian Indian touch to it. We've acquired a beautiful silk, 12' x 12', rug that fits well in our bedroom (generously from my in-laws). It's a good place to start. It carries a lot of reds and blues, but I'm having a tough time finding a wall color.

Also, on our trip we acquired this beautiful hand crafted, mirrored bedspread. I made the tufted bolsters by the headboard, but I think I need loads more sari-like pillows. Any suggestions?


Here are just a few room I lust for:
Even though this room is very monochromatic, I love its vivaciousness.
Sparse, yet soooo beautiful. Very modern, yet old world./

Again, monochromatic but a thoroughly gorgeous red.

I think the bedspread and pillows would really accentuate the exotic.

Comments