Prepping for the School Bake Sale

A bake sale for the Middle and Lower schools tomorrow...I can't help it. I just can't back plain cookies anymore. Cutest website I've seen in a long time got me started on these delectable cake pops. www.bakerella.com has the neatest ideas, recipes and beautiful photos. If you have a sweet tooth like I do, this is a great place to start.
I had to try a couple attempts at these morsels. I tried making them way to big at first, then had to cut them into thirds. Freezing them with their sticks in really helped too.

I used a Devils Food Cake mix, cream cheese frosting and candy melts. They are so versatile because you could decorate them for any occasion... just change up the sprinkles, candy melt colors, ribbons, etc.

I stuck them in round Styrofoam semi-circles, covered and decorated with tissue paper and ribbon, added a recipe card for allergy information and that's it. Next time, I know the girls are going to want to help me! It's really messy.



Comments