French Market Bags


Recently I came across the book: One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! 

I have gobs of fabric that I collect and was looking for a creative and useful way to use it. I found this darling pattern for a French Market Bag. Trimmed in simple bias tape, it features french seams inside for a 'seamless' and clean tote that folds into a small bundle, easily stuffed into your purse. The wide straps offer a lot of strength and are perfect for that quick trip to the grocery store, or ballet class.


I found this marigold, Parisian print online years ago. The white bias tape offers a clean edge and the fabric ribbon sewn into the bottom of the bag, allows it to be bundled up tidily.


I love the wide, comfy straps!

Comments