What!? No Homemade Valentines???

I'm in shock...despondent... in mourning... For first the first time in her ten years, my youngest has asked me not to make homemade Valentines for her class party.

Every year, I scour the Internet and library for cute and unique "homemade" valentine notes and treats. We've done heart shaped mice with Hershey kisses for their nose, heart flowers with lollipops in the center, thumbprint hearts on Kit-Kat butterfly wings... the list goes on.

So, in an effort to ease her obvious discomfort with my Valentine's Day obsession, I gave in.

Welcome to Hello Kitty and the store-bought kit:



So now, as I glare at the burgeoning pile of crispy chocolate hearts and stale smelling, pre-printed note cards, I fight the urge to hide them until next Tuesday. Would she forgive me or would this scar her for life? Would she forever turn her back on home-made goodness?

Instead, I fight back these decidedly evil, non-parental feelings by baking for my sweeties:

Valentine Heart Cookies on a Stick
Using the Wilton Heart Cookie pan and an easy spreading frosting. They hold up very well on the stick, yet aren't too crunchy. They have a great texture. My only complaint is they are a little sweet, but isn't that what Valentines Day is all about?



Comments