Change of Pace...

Every so often, I go through a period when I need to step away from the sewing machine (temporarily of course!) and flex my skills at something else. After reading a quicky murder mystery called The Double Knit Murders, I was itching to do a little knitting again.

Grandma Doris taught me the basics when I was younger and as I've gotten older, I've spent a little time trying to perfect my stitches. I found a great knitting pattern kit a few years ago called the Knit Knack Kit (Barnes and Nobel) . The li'l critter hat pattern is a favorite.... a quick pattern, but when your stitches are pretty and even... it is sooooo cute!


Here are my newborn and 3mos hats. I topped them off with some off-white yarn poms to add a little something extra. Very pleased.

To duplicate, cast on 24, 28 or 34 stitches, leaving a 6 inch tail to weave in later. Do the stockinette stitch until the piece is long enough to be folded in half to make a cap. Stitch up your sides, leaving the rolled edges at the bottom and weave in the loose ends.
Next I'll try adding some stripes!

Comments