Christmas Cashew Crunch


Tis the season to indulge. After visiting Warrens, Wisconsin on a girls' weekend trip I discovered an Amish treat... Cashew Crunch. When home, I decided to try to make some for myself, and I honestly think I nailed the recipe!

Christmas Cashew Crunch

1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 T. light corn syrup
10 ounces cashews

Generously butter/ grease a large baking sheet or pan; set aside
Combine butter, sugar, salt and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat. After butter has melted, add cashews and heat on high. Heat to 302 degrees (on candy thermometer), stirring occasionally so your nuts don't burn.
Pour onto greased pan and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Break into pieces and store in airtight container lined with waxed paper.
Try not to eat it all at once! I dare you.