Organizing My Life

Every January, I completely tear apart my studio. I unpack all of my fabrics, needles, threads, bobbins, ribbons, trims and paints. I place them in piles throughout my family room and start from scratch.
I had originally intended to take a picture of the mayhem, but I thankfully I forgot... how embarrassing! After over two full days of cleaning and wading through huge piles of supplies, here are a couple of my creative de-cluttering ideas to share:

Ribbons and threads have now been moved right next to my work area so I can be more efficient.

One of my favorite ideas... I took a unused wire basket, mounted it on the wall and threaded my ribbon spools on dowels. Now the ribbon is organized and in full sight so I can monitor when I am running low of a color.

My favorite new toy... a labeler. Everything got a sticky label on it.

My smaller ribbon spools tend to get lost while I'm working. These baskets are tipped sideways for storage and for me to see them better, but they can be easily moved to my work table or sewing machine.
Chicken wire stretched on an empty frame makes a great way to hold little bottles of paint and loose brushes. (taken at Bachmans Idea House)

My ribbon flowers are now individually jarred according to color. My die cut felt shapes are similarly organized.

Comments