(Emeril Lagasse) Dough Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling the baking sheet
Oil a large mixing bowl with remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
Now roll it out as a large rectangle on an oiled board. Spread tomato/ pizza sauce, sprinkle with cheese and sausage. Roll it up and pinch the ends and seams shut. I cut three vents in the top to let out the steam as it cooks.
Pop it in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It needs to cook low and slow to get through all of those delicious layers.