Setting A Table

I was recently asked to help decorate a theme table for a WAMSO fundraiser called "Settings of Note"... and I had so much fun. Traditionally most of the tables in the past included a lot of traditional or french provincial flairs. I wanted to come up with something that was unusual, whimsy-wendy-ish, and colorful!

I started with a inspiration of a large brewers jug, of which I had the bottom cut off. That started my whole theme of a "fairy garden tea party'. Who doesn't dream of catching a fairy like a fire fly? Here's how my table unfolded:
The table cloth is a swath of golden raw silk. It did a beautiful job of setting off the dishes (see below). I was worried that I didn't have enough stuff for the table but it turns out I had to bring things home!

My Whimsy Wendy original design... my giant party puffs really helped the table pop!

Felt and fabric strawberry pie set on a milk glass pie plate looked good enough to eat. I had found a pattern months ago and was waiting for a good time to try it!

This picture makes the glass dome look tipsy, put it was resting on a lush mat of moss hot glued on Styrofoam. The dome was encircled by three clothes lines of fairy dresses donated by Sticky Pixies... mini clothes pins included!

You can't have a tea party without a tea pot, and you can't have a Whimsy Wendy table without my mini wands. Individual wands were set at each table setting as a party favor.

I already came up with my 'theme' for next years event... shhhhhh!

Comments