They Don't Make Them Like They Used To...

I had a hard to believe experience the other day. I went through THREE sewing machines!

I was finishing up an order for a boutique and my new (Made Overseas) sewing machine took a digger. No problem, I said to myself and I pulled out my back up. Apparently my back up didn't appreciate being set on a shelf in my studio for over a year, left to defend itself from dust and neglect. That too refused to work!

So from the recesses of my sewing closet, I pulled out the "Norge", Grandma's Singer Sewing machine - the one most people leave in their storage rooms, basements and attics waiting to get rid of it at their next garage sale. Lo and behold, my lovely sewing machine fixer-man (my savior many times over) has let me on to the fact that I own a gem!





Not only do I have an original all-metal Singer Sewing Machine, but it's a "feather weight" which makes it very valuable. I had him lube it up and now it is a perfect back-up for me and the stitches... they are beautiful. It's not fancy, and my girls think it's funny looking, but can this machine sing! Thanks grandma!

I've been in my workroom all day, getting ready the rush on Halloween Costumes. Didn't want to post my mess, but loved the colors of all of my stock tutus, wands and ribbons made. Isn't it fun eye candy!





Looking at these pictures make me want to revamp my studio. Next big project - recreating my work space...

Comments